Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Rant That Started It All

It made me feel so much better about the world to send this rant streaming out to my friends and casual acquaintances on Myspace that I decided to start myself a blog. I should've made this my first post, but oh well.

If you like pina coladas...

then DON'T GO TO EFFIN LAW SCHOOL. There are no pina coladas in law school. There is only pain! No pineapple. No rum. And there sure as hell ain't no decorative umbrella. Pure, unadulterated torture.

The next time someone tells you that an oral agreement is binding, punch them in the face. That's right, you heard me. Just open up and punch them. Nothing is binding unless there is adequate consideration. And do you know how I know that? Because twice a week I waste TWO HOURS OF MY PRECIOUS LIFE listening to some boring twit (actually, he seems very nice) drone ON and ON about the damn consideration. Sometimes it's magically there! Sometimes you think it's there, but it's not! And sometimes it's not there, but you pretend like it is! How are you supposed to tell the difference? Pop out the Ouija board and channel the spirit of effing Learned Hand, because I don't have a damn clue.

So, yeah, for those of you who have been asking, law school is going pretty well. Apart from the bit that makes me want to commit ritual suicide, and there are only 32 hours left in that class. Plus the studying plus the exam...and then?

Pina coladas for everyone!!

1 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Blogger John said...

I really enjoy how concise this rant is. It's so clearly full of frustration, but it doesn't go on-and-on as rants so often do. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home