Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I don't know why you say good bye--I say hello!

I bet you thought I forgot about you, didn't you?

Far from it, friends, far from it.

Apparently law school really is a lot of work. This became apparent at some point in October, when the diligent among us (did I say us? I meant you. Most definitely not "us.") began throwing around words like "outline" and "study group" and "complete, abject failure." It was the latter that concerned me the most, so I decided to give this whole Protestant work ethic concept a whirl.

I didn't really pay attention in college, so I'm not really sure what that means, but it sounds like it means that for the first time in my entire life I actually stopped slacking off and threw myself into school for school's sake. The jury is still out on how it all went (very clever, how they don't give you your grades until it's too late to get your money back). Wonder of wonders, though--it felt good to work hard in school. Irritating, agonizing, at times soul-devouring--but good.

A few posts on the process will follow over the next couple of days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home